‎"Guys are like stars... There are a million of them... but only ONE can make your dreams come true!"

Followers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Beauty in our society







You see it everywhere, magazines, T.V, books, at school and you always think. Why can't I look like her? Why can't I be skinny? Why can't my hair be perfect? etc. You always want to be a better you. You want to be beautiful the one everyone loves, or
if you a guy, you want to have the abs the muscles you w
ant to be the hot popular jock that only exist in movies or
books. Well you all know the 'Twilight' books. The one were the vampires are complete sexy and to die for. Well I tried making myself look like that on picnik.com my results,


Yeah aren't I just sexy like those vampires, haha no. It made me think these editing sites, they help us make who were not. You take a picture ofyourself go on the internet and change it, maybe add more of tan skin, change you eye color, getting rid of those freckles your ashamed of, and BAM! You have someone who is drop dead gorgeous. But it's not you anymore. And you have the feeling were you wish it was. Society today ismaking us think that in order to be beautiful you have to be someone your not. Well guess what society, God made all of us in our own unique way, and we all are beautiful in our own way. We. All. Are. Beautiful.

Here's a couple quotes about beauty;
"I'm not beautiful like you. I'm beautiful like me."
"The world is full of beautiful things, like you."
"There's no point wishing you were someone else; wishing
you were prettier, wishing boys will like you. At the end of the
day you can't change who you are. You're going to be that way for the rest of your life, you might as well get use to it."

So maybe I want to be the better, and more beautiful. B
ut God made me unique, and I should just love the way I am. Freckles and all.
I'm no vampire, I'm no movie star, I'm not not a model. But I'm beautiful me and thats all I can be.
So lets all stop wishing we were someone who were not.

And let start being unique.


And lets start getting use to the fact that we are beautiful the way we are.
I want you to go outside today without your ten layers on makeup and hold you head up high accepting to the fact you don't have to change to be beautiful.

~Brinley
P.S thanks corynn for taking these pics!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really needed to hear this... love ya Brin!! -cere

Anonymous said...

such a good post and some important things that the world needs to hear!

CHLOE♡ said...

So pretty not lik me ~

fashionmushroom said...

i already love your blog, he's real and i hope you will continu on this way, my blog talk about the sames thinks , hope you will read it :d

fashionmushroom said...

I already love your blog, he's real and very interesting i hope u 'll continu on the same way. my blog has the same spirit hope u ' ll enjoy :d